GraphQL itself is great, but we were able to identify a few gaps regarding security, performance and developers experience. We've looked at how companies like Facebook, AirBnB, Medium, Twitter, etc... adopted GraphQL and took our learnings from their experience.
From all of this, we've assembled a set of tools to make developers life easier, allowing you to build apps faster and more secure without trading performance. While doing so, our main focus is always to give developers an amazing experience throughout the whole journey of using APIs.
- Authentication using OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Authentication-Aware Data fetching to make data fetching easy
- Authorization via Claims Injection so you can easily build secure apps
- JSON-RPC to make GraphQL more secure and performant
- Mocking for easy development
- Local Development: Develop locally, deploy globally with ease
- JSON Schema Validation for enhanced security
- Generated Clients to give you a great developer experience with end-to-end type-safety
- Caching with Automatic Content Revalidation to improve app performance
- Realtime Subscriptions to keep your UI automatically updated
- CSRF Protection out of the box to protect Mutations
WunderGraph Cloud Features#
Additionally, our WunderGraph Cloud offering comes with a few extra features.